Sunday, July 7, 2013

Handsdown best beef ribs - Wilbur & Sabastian's Smokehouse & Bistro

OK ........should I say anything??......hmmmm..........I'm hesitant to give this one out as it's hands down the best find of recent weeks, it's very unassuming from the outside but as you can see from the pictures the food is stunning! Service was great and friendly. Inside the d├ęcor is pretty plain, not sure how long they have been in business but it was simple and did the job, just don't expect super fine dinning.

I would highly recommend this place if you love beef ribs but with the one caveat, don't all go when I am as I'd be gutted to wait any longer than we did! The beef rib was succulent and tasty without an overpowering smoked flavour. Crispy on the outside and juicy inside it was possibly the best beef rib I've ever had. 
We also had some home made veggie fries which were the perfect starter and both the rib plates came with a great coleslaw and beans equally as good. They also came served with home made chips (crisps) which I was hesitant about at first as I love a good serving of starch but these were the perfect thickness of crispy and with a bite.  There was some cornbread which I guess is traditional thing but as lovely as it was it's just not my sort of thing. Still if you like cornbread it definitely was good.

So in summary beef ribs and all the sides were spot on. 10/10 YUM Atmosphere and service were equally as good so if you get the chance GO!!

Pork ribs not mine but I'm reliably told they were good.

Yummy beef ribs with home made chips (we call them Crisps in the motherland)
Delicious veggie fries
Wilbur & Sabastian's Smokehouse & Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment