Sunday, January 16, 2011

Is it worth it?

For me no, I saw the QR code for Ethical bean and that absolutely was, it said scan here to get a 10c cup of coffee so a pretty good trade.

This however was seen in the main display of bench in the Pacific Centre. I tried and it took me to their website. No deals, nothing different, not even a reference to scanning the code, so not sure why I should bother. I can find their website perfectly well the regular way so this for me is another case of companies doing something for the sake of it rather than having a purpose.

Poor marketing in my opinion, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Think about what you want to achieve and how technology can help you do that.
This reminds me of companies wanting people to join them on Facebook but when people do they have no idea what to do with them and give them nothing new. Utterly POINTLESS. 
As a punter I feel worse about your brand for it.

But just to highlight a point for all those marketeers who love doing these things just for the sake of them please find a QR code below for your scanning delights:





Well that was a waste of time! now you know how the punters feel

No comments:

Post a Comment